Click on Procedures and Policies and then click on Schedule
I hope everyone had a wonderful long weekend! I will be sending out weekly newsletters to let you know about the upcoming week (hopefully a little earlier than this). My goal is to do it via Class Tag once everyone joins. Updates will also be posted here.
This Week In Room 130:
- Please send in a complete change of clothes for your child. Place it in a ziplock bag, labeled with your child's name and Room 130. I would suggest you label the clothes as well. A change of clothes is necessary for a variety of reasons(spills, outdoor mess, accidents). It will prevent you from having to bring a change of clothes over to school!
- If you have not yet completed your Parent Survey or Reading Inventory, please send them in by the end of this week.
- If you have not yet accepted my invitation to Class Tag, please do so. I would like at least one member of each family to be connected in order to keep communication lines open.
- A few children still are missing supplies (4x6 photo for their locker, clipboard, scissors, headphones, etc.) Please check with your child and send in by the end of this week.
- We have a lot of September birthdays in Room 130. I gave all those with September birthdays a Birthday Timeline Book. They should complete their timeline and bring the completed timeline book back to school on their birthday. They will have an opportunity to read their book to the class and we will sing Happy Birthday. Please check my website for birthday celebration policies.
- 1st PTA meeting is this Thursday at 7PM. Come to see what great things the PTA has in store for the children and stay in the loop!
- We will continue talking about class routines and expectations.
- I will introduce the routines and terminology used in 2nd grade math, reading, and writing. We will not actually start academics until next week.
- We will be talking about our school and classroom community.
- We will have an assembly kicking off our No Place For Hate school wide initiative. This will connect with our HERO anti bullying program.